Saturday, January 18, 2014

Cameron Silver on the Digital Catwalk

CREATED/ LINKS/

I'm participating in a Surface Design blog hop over on Pattern Recognition. Over 40 artists and designers created print collections under the theme Tropical Fusion. The art all utilizes Pantone's Radiant Orchid. If you like prints, get yourself on over there -- there is a wonderful array of styles to see. You just might find a pillow or phone case that you can't live without!

As part of my presentation, I put my print designs onto a sketch. Cameron Silver, the owner of Decades in LA hovered in the back of my brain as my muse as I was putting my collection together. And I just happened to have sketched him last May before the Otis Benefit Show.

Here's how he looked last May:
And here he is for Spring 2014 in my Tropical Preppy collection:

To see the prints life size, click on over to Pattern Recognition.

Ah, it's Saturday night. Severo is playing a gig at B.B. King's in Times Square. I'm home blogging. Wish I were there and I don't mind being right where I am.

ps: See more (very small) pix of Cameron here on Patrick McMullan's photography site.