Sunday, April 24, 2016

52 Pick-me-up: Lilac / Recovery

••• 

I hear that the Lilacs are starting to bloom in NYC and environs. Sigh. I LOVE lilacs!

More on my mind is this week's 52 Pick-me-up emotional word -- Recovery.

I attended a very uplifting event last night, celebrating a group of young women who designed a fashion collection under the guidance of the team at Freedom & Fashion. Freedom & Fashion's mission statement is: "Using the arts of fashion and beauty, we create empowering programs that mentor and bring freedom to at-risk young women and survivors of the sex trade."

These stars shined brightly and gave me a sense of hope for the world. 
The designers
Their designs
I'll share more of my sketches from the night later in the week.
For now, congratulations to everyone at Freedom & Fashion. It was a soul-stirring event.

 Lilac / Recovery -- Link up your Prince or your Purples and party like it's 1999! [RIP, Purple One]