Friday, July 14, 2017

What To Wear To Hang an Art Show

I'm kidding.
It's a dirty, unglamorous job -- wear comfortable clothing and sturdy shoes (because you might drop a hammer on your foot. Not that I did, but it was a definite possibility).
It would have been A LOT more difficult without the help of this guy, Severo.

Start with an empty space.

Rough arrangement of the art.

Pressing the giant wall hanging.

#dailytruck x 313 is hung!

In progress. 

I tasked Severo with hanging all the framed pieces.

Then he mounted my show lettering. I'm afraid of heights and I hate climbing on that green ladder.

Severo switched out all the old, nasty, halogen lights to LCDs. He insisted on doing it. I'm glad!

What I wore. My "art" huipil.
This became a "studio" garment after I sat in a big blob of pine pitch one summer in Idyllwild.
It's a very loose weave, so is ideal more hot, messy situations.

Done, as much as possible -- I was still waiting on 20 pieces to arrive from the photo lab.

REALLY HAPPY about finishing. It was 11pm.
 The art arrived Tuesday and I installed the rest on Wednesday morning before work.
Almost the same outfit minus sturdy shoes.

3 rows is better than 1 row.

This time I'm really done.

Panorama of the #dailytruck section of the exhibition
#mycommute
July 11 - August 5, 2017

TAG Gallery
5458 Wilshire Blvd, LA, CA 90036

Reception: Saturday, July 15, 5-8pm
Artist Panel Discussion: Saturday, August 5, 3pm

Linking up with Shelbee's On the Edge
Catherine's #SaturdayShareLinkup